Telejournal - Green Africa | Take A Look at our Channel Renovation!

Telejournal is the Green African Broadcasting Company's flagship evening news program, airing live every evening at 10:00 pm Central African Time from G.A.B.C. Studios in Carthage. Correspondents are stationed in Rabat, Algiers, Benghazi, Cairo, Lagos, Kinshasa, Kigali, Nairobi, and Cape Town. All correspondence should be sent to 234 Avenue of the Sahara, 8420323, Carthage, Carthage Capital Territory, G.A.

Our main transmitter is installed atop Green Mountain near Carthage. Rebroadcasts in French per request of viewer to cable carrier.
Last edited by Green_Africa on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Green Africa Unity in Divesity
Enadia, where the journey of a thousand miles begins with a simple step...
EU | 04 Minister of Culture
EU | 06 President Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Telejournal - Headlines

Telejournal Headlines for 12-15-18
Latrovian government among many running for hills after ALF fiasco as Bin-Farouk urges calm and support from international community.
Raid conducted of ALF headquarters; plans for attacks found, plotters arrested; still-unknown leadership was not found and is believed to be on run.
Rabat lawmakers chastised by Governor at Provincial Congress emergency deliberation for their part in "causing division in Morocco"
Agreement between government and independent media made; new TV stations planned to start broadcasting by the end of 2020.
[+] 12-15-18
Tariq Bin-Farouk holds first meeting of the Presidium of his term
Investigation commenced in Somalia Province to determine bombing perpetrators
Rabat pro-Ibrahim lawmakers sticking it to progressive Bin-Farouk in TV attack ad.
Tariq Bin-Farouk seeing green...and blue, as he starts work as Enadia's president this week.
[+] 12-12-18
Tariq Bin Farouk sworn in at the People's Congress
Bin-Farouk's immediate power plays in regional affairs turning heads
Hydroelectric project approved for Orange River in Cape Autonomous Province
Metro system renovations approved for Carthage Metro
Last edited by Green_Africa on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

TELEJOURNAL BREAKING NEWS

TELEJOURNAL BREAKING NEWS
Breaking News From the Telejournal Wire Desk in Carthage ~ Carthage: Car-Cap-Ter Police forces stationed around Revolution Square and down the Avenue of the Sahara ahead of weekend Inauguration Festivities, this after Federation Alert Level rises to 4/5 following Mogadishu bombing and subsequent ALF threat. ~ Antananarivo: "The prison conditions are unacceptable." declares newly-elected Autonomous Provincial Governor Rakotoarisoa front of local television cameras at the infamously long-overcrowded Madagascan prison; "the ALF is welcome to make an extended visit though!" ~ Weather: Dry conditions across the Sahel region, with hot and humid sunshine in the Congo basin. Expect cold, rainy weekend in the southern Cape as a large storm stalls over open waters between Good Hope and Antarctica. ~Catch Telejournal every evening at 10:00 PM Carthage time only on GABC.
[+] Marquee Headlines from 12-15
Dakar: Protests against "Enadian infiltration in continent affairs" organized by African Liberation Front in West Africa Province as tensions rise between nationalists and regionalist factions; Bin-Farouk and Autonomous Provincial Governor Michael Duvalier urged calm in televised addresses this evening. ~ El Alamein: Veteran WWII resistance fighters honored in ceremony today. ~ Weather: rain continues across the eastern Autonomous Provinces and strong winds persist around the Cape of Good Hope; sunshine still expected thoughout the week in the North with spotty thundershowers on the Mediterranean coast, some of which may be severe.
[+] Marquee Headlines from 12-12
Carthage: Crowds take to the streets in celebration as the Continent is announced the next host to Enadia's government. Bin-Farouk flies to Iros this weekend for last minute preparations and briefings before inauguration Monday.
Mogadishu: Ten dead, twenty-three injured in car bomb blast; Army Provincial Guard has been sent in from Ethiopia to help salvage and rescue any survivors.
Weather: A tropical wave will be coming off the Mali Coast, with showers across the Congo Basin through Friday. Sunshine however will reign over most of the north and northeast of the continent with fair weather expected for the weekend on through to Monday for the inauguration in Carthage.
Last edited by Green_Africa on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Telejournal - Green Africa | BREAKING NEWS

Latrovia wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:36 am
The United Kingdom of Latrovia wishes to express its condolences to the families of the lost ones due to the tragic event!
The respective government institutions within the People's Federation of Green Africa would like to express their great gratitude for the condolences and comforting words to the families who lost relatives in the tragedy that unfolded in Mogadishu. Know that we shall return the favor for anything that happens on Latrovian soil, but as always hope we never have to.

Tariq Bin-Farouk, Premier
Presidium of the People's Federation
Somalia Provincial Council

Telejournal - Exclusive: THE Statement claiming responsibility for the Mogadishu Bombing of 12/12

A statement from the African Liberation Front, Claiming Responsibility for the Mogadishu Bombing
Some content may be sensitive, reader discretion is advised.
[+] The Statement

From Headquarters in Kinshasa

Somalia,
We are sorry for the great loss and tragedy caused in Mogadishu this past weekend. However, the government in Carthage would not listen to our, what would be perceived as more *civilized*, calls for attention. That is why we have resorted to such acts, because the Capital will not listen to anything else short of violence it seems.

Carthage, rather...Premier Bin-Farouk
We want Africa back! This Continent belongs only in the hands of true Africans, and you sir are only an impostor, a cheap imitation of one. It is time for everyone to know the truth of what Carthage and their "People's" Federation have done for us. Instead of building our country and building, if joining a region, the League that Commander Saab and Premier Aziz-Ibrahim would have wanted, your let Carthage become a den of snakes. You have kissed the rings of colonizers, and now you are one. You have forgotten us, and thus we will work to make sure Africa is never forgotten again by the likes of you!

Should we call you Premier anymore? Maybe you would rather us call you President...Oh Hail the Colonizer's President!

Africans,
It is time to rise up and take our land back from the North African and Regional Colonizers. We will not stand for our land being raped and pillaged by other nations, while the government claims that this helps us. We all know the truth. The People's Federation is not the People's Federation any longer. It is merely a Federation.

ALLEZ! GO! RISE UP BROTHERS AND SISTERS, FOR A NEW DAY IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!

We are coming for you Tariq, and your friends too.
Good luck.

Anonymous
African Liberation Front
Front de Libération Africain

Neither Premier Bin-Farouk nor spokespersons from the People's Palace have issued a response as of this time, we will alert you when any news comes.

Telejournal - Exclusive | Premier Bin-Farouk's Nationally Televised Response to the Mogadishu Bombing

THIS IS A GABC NEWS BULLETIN
Cut to anchor at desk (think a Peter Jennings-style anchor):
Good Evening Africa, as you know by now the African Liberation Front released a statement claiming responsibility for the terrible disaster in Mogadishu. The question all day has been: What does the Premier have to say about this? He flew back in from Iros, GVH for the weekend Friday to discuss internal security matters with the Presidium, virtually putting on hold his regional business until Monday when he was able to come back. So we have the President, but the question today has been...Where is the Premier? Well, we have word that he has a response prepared for the ALF, which we have been asked to televise live by People's Palace officia...ok...here he is now, Premier Bin-Farouk.
Good Evening my Dear, Fellow Africans,

Last week, we saw evil manifest itself in Mogadishu when a group, claiming to fight for the good of its own people, murdered those same people. Let that sink in. The number one threat to our nation right now is a group that tells everyone it is the most patriotic, the true heir to African leadership.

First, however, I want to offer my sympathy, thoughts and prayers to the people of Mogadishu. The Somalian people have always been a strong, resilient people. I have no doubt that they, along with the rest of Africa, will get through this as all Africans have managed to do in times like these.

Second, I have something to say to those who are in the leadership of the ALF, right down to the poor, brainwashed supporter on the streets protesting Carthage's fair hand. You say Africa belongs in the hands of true Africans, but you have killed your fellow Africans in your bloodthirsty lust for power, which is still rightfully in the hands of the people despite me also having the welfare and interests of the rest of the Enadian people overseas in mind.

Trust me when I say that though I wear two hats, one will not outweigh the other. I'm not going to let the region's interests interfere with the interests of the Green African people; if they do, then I will voice my concern and make such concern clear. However, I will not stand for the interests of the great Enadian people abroad to become soiled by the selfish wishes of a few terrorists.

That is what the ALF is from this point forward. I have provided for the Presidium and respective Internal Security authorities to label the ALF a domestic terrorist organization. You call Enadia a region of "colonizers", "snakes". No...you are the true snakes.

Only snakes, not true Africans, kill their own fellow Africans.

Green Africans, I have already received word via various foreign outlets and communications channels that nations are already willing to help us squash this menace once and for all. I will give the order for a referendum on whether or not to invite foreign troops on our soil to help us fight the ALF; until then, the valiant GADF will be deployed across our Autonomous Provinces where they shall keep guard.

Again, the sympathy, thoughts, prayers, and best wishes of a Continent are offered to Somalia in what shall be, starting tomorrow, 10 Days of Mourning; a day for each of the dead. I will be flying to Mogadishu tomorrow for the memorial services.

Tonight, a continent should sleep well, knowing that this situation will be handled swiftly and most efficiently.
Good night, Green Africa
Unity in Diversity!
Back to imitation-Peter Jennings:
And, we will see. Obviously in any case the Premier would be one to comfort the nation, as has been the case with any good world leader in recent history. We saw that with the U.S. president on 9/11 and now we see this, in granted a much smaller-scale incident, with Premier Bin-Farouk. On the other hand there is...well, an unknown number of people across the Federation with ties to the Front de Libération Africain, the African Liberation Front, and as we have seen they not only have power in the Autonomous Provinces but also the resources to carry out the attacks in Somalia, which is a northern, regular Province, along with Senegal where we saw the protests this past weekend. So, the questions are, when will the referendum be held and how long can the GADF, which has been sizeably cut down in favor of welfare and education reform since the founding of the Federation, hold out against what is possibly a sizeable fighting force. Only time can tell, and of course, it is not wise to go to much into worrying about things, but these do beg serious questions. Again only time can tell. With that...this has been a GABC News Bulletin, I bid you good night, but do feel free to come back in 20 minutes when we have our regularly scheduled yet extended Telejournal at 10:00 with the rebroadcast and full report on the speech. Good night.

Re: Telejournal - Green Africa | ALF Statement and Premier Bin-Farouk's Nationally Televised Response

The Kingdom of Latrovia was shocked in the waking of such news in the Southern parts of its border. The Latrovian government has given an immediate order of closing and militarizing the borders in fear, of further escalations. The naval forces of his Majesty Alexander the II have already been deployed in seas to battle any pirate forces and prevent illegal Africans from reaching Latrovian soil.
[+] My signature

Telejournal - Decision | Foreign Intervention Referendum Results

TELEJOURNAL--REFERENDUM RESULTS

The Front de Libération Africain (African Liberation Front) is now labeled a Domestic Terrorism Group by the Green African Defence Forces and National Police Forces. Do you, the Green African Citizenry, approve of a resolution that would allow the GADF to collaborate with other forces willing to contribute to solving the problem of insurgency caused by the FLA (ALF)?

Yes: 87%
No: 13%
100% Reporting

Result: YES

Return to “International Press”